When we think of a casual shirt, various options come to mind, but the classic version is denim.
Denim is soft and light, making your shirt truly comfortable to wear. Always the quintessential casual garment, today the denim shirt is considered a classic equal to the timeless white shirt. Perfect for a casual, sporty style, it can also be worn with mismatched suits, chinos and sports jackets, or as a work garment.
For a sporty look, alternatives to denim are shirts in Oxford fabric, lightweight piqué, breathable zephyr and versatile fil-a-fil.
What's more, we can also help you create your casual men's shirt in technical fabric: it's light, extremely comfortable, gives great freedom of movement and dries quickly.
5 Tips for a casual look
- Choose button-down shirts
- Go for neutral colours: for example, pair a denim shirt with beige chinos.
- Avoid t-shirts with prints in favour of solid colours to wear with an open shirt, or perhaps a fine cashmere sweater.
- Stand out with an accessory: braces, for instance, are increasingly used by stylish and well-dressed men.
- Wear a solid colour, or even patterned shirt with sporty cut jackets.